We are reaching out to those who are committed to the role the arts play in enriching communities. We would love for you to consider joining our Ambassador Program. See below for description. We hope that you’ll find it a natural extension of your commitment to the arts.
- To increase the HCAC base of audiences, volunteers, and contributors
- To promote services, programs, and events of HCAC during our RUBY 40th
- To gauge the impact of the mission, vision, and initiatives of the HCAC to help us improve our service to the community
WHO HAS BEEN INVITED TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
- Community member interested in the arts
- Current and former board members
- Members of work teams and volunteers
- Artist Members
WHAT DO YOU DO AS AN AMBASSADOR?
- Above all, cultivate and improve relationships with individuals and entities in the community.
- Work with individuals and entities that are not yet fully involved in HCAC. They may include the following:
- Current supporters who – with additional information – may become even more involved in HCAC and may spread the word in their social and business circles
- People you know to be generally interested in the arts and in becoming more engaged in their community. This may include but are not limited to: former donors, gallery purchasers, or attendees at HCAC events.
- People with an active interest in some area of the arts who may not be aware of the work of HCAC
- Using the HCAC rack card and 2017 event timeline, let the prospective supporters know of the full range of activities of HCAC and how they can be supported through volunteer efforts and donations. Don’t feel the need to ask for specific donations unless the information is requested.
- Above all, work on creating a positive, open “vibe” about HCAC. Let people know that the organization is open to revising and expanding its programs and activities. Listen carefully to see if the person has suggestions for programs and activities or has a desire to volunteer in some capacity.
WHAT ARE SOME WAYS OF BUILDING AN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP THROUGHOUT THE YEAR?
- Invite your contacts to go with you to HCAC events – Sunday Series, ArtFest, summer concerts, Art After Dark.
- Make yourself a resource for answering questions. Don’t feel that you need to have every answer at your fingertips. “I’ll have to get back to you on that” is a perfectly fine initial answer.
- Pay close attention to questions and comments: “Why doesn’t the Arts Council do more _____?” Bring reasonable and interesting ideas to a board member for consideration by the full board.
AMBASSADOR CLASS OF 2017 (and counting):
John & Myra Bottoms
John & Suzanne Gernandt
Bill & Sylvia Everett
Norma & Bob Kimzey
Ned & Jane Lesesne
Mary Grace Lodico
Mary & Steve McNeil
Richard & Carol Ploch
Donna & Martin Rader
Margaret & Hughes Roberts
Norretta & Bob Taylor
Ed & Kika Thanz
Steve & Betsy Wall